Many diets fail because they focus on food and not on the eating habits that make us overweight. Often when the diet is over, our weight starts to creep upwards again. To achieve more permanent weight control we have to develop our own inner motivation based on the knowledge of sensible eating habits and the driving force of our personal goals, be that to; live a healthier life; look and feel better; know you are able to control your weight; to name but a few.
On the 6 Week Course you will learn how to:
- Identity and consider changing your eating habits or patterns
- Examine your goals for weight loss
- Establish guidelines for a healthy diet
- Understand the principles of weight management in terms of energy balance
- Adapt a healthy eating plan to suit varying lifestyles – One size does not fit all!
- Find strategies to deal with factors that influence eating habits
- Use self control techniques for a healthier lifestyle
Pilates is an all over body conditioning programme which can help with:
- Back pain
- Muscle balance
- Core strengthening and stability
- Injury prevention
- Stress reduction
- Improved focus and concentration
- Pelvic floor strengthening
- Easing ‘aches and pains’
Each week we shall practice Pilates, focusing on:
- Core Stability and Strengthening
- Posture Alignment
Please note, we shall use chairs or bands in the Pilates sessions and not mats.